Monday, April 23, 2012

Recycle, Reduce, and Reuse!

The first graders at our school had a homework assignment during spring break. It was an Earth Day project.

The project:

Take recyclable material and create a craft or useful creation. Create something that can be used in a different way.

It was so much FUN to see what the children (with parent help) created. We displayed them in our multipurpose room for all the children in the school to view.

Here are a few:


 Panda Bank: ears are the bottoms of cups and the eyes are made from the lids.


Bottle Game: watch the marbles travel thru this one - a BIG HIT with the kids!


Aluminum Can Train: How clever is this?! You can even see the animals and people traveling inside.


Binoculars: How practical! Everyone had to look thru these!


Aluminum Can Dog: Your very own pet out of aluminum cans. 

Needless to say, the day was filled with EXCITEMENT! We're looking ahead to our school's Earth Day Celebration on Wednesday. This is an after school activity. Earth Day community booths and activities will be set up for students and families to enjoy.

Have a great week!

5 comments:

  1. These are very cute, Mona! (If I had known ahead of time, I would have submitted a collage -all of the paper in my art is recycled. I love using the brown grocery bags!)
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a very cute blog


    MS. patterson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Activity! Thanks for sharing! I would love for you to check out and join my blog dreamswillfly.com.
    Thanks,
    Renee

    Your blog is so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I am your newest follower:) Stop by and visit me...

    learnplayandhavefun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for posting the great activity. I appreciate your kindness.

    I am your newest follower come on over some time a bubbalulu.blogspot.com Tales from Second

    ReplyDelete