Kristi and Crystal from Teaching Little Miracles tagged me.
Here are the rules:
1. Post these rules.
2. Answer the 10 questions posted for you.
3. Create 10 questions that you want to ask people who you will be tagging.
4. Tag ten people and link them with your post. Don't forget to let them know that they've been tagged.
So here goes:
1. How long have you taught? I've taught for over 25 years.
2. What state do you teach in? I teach in the beautiful state of California. I've also taught in Arizona.
3. What are your contract hours at school? We are contracted to teach from 8:55 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
4. Lunch - duty or duty free? We are duty free during both lunch and recess.
5. What reading series do you use? We use Houghton Mifflin Reading.
6. What math series do you use? We use Everyday Mathematics.
7. What is your favorite hobby? I LOVE quilting.
8. What is the last movie you watched? The last movie I saw was Ides of March. I'll admit it. I'm a total fan of both Ryan Gosling and George Clooney.
9. What is your favorite season and why? My absolute favorite season is FALL. There's something about the crispness in the air and those leaves falling. It's the one season where you can see some changes in the weather here in California. And, it's the beginning of the holiday season, too.
10. What is your favorite game to play with the students? I love playing games with the parachute. It gets everyone laughing, even the teacher. It makes me feel like I'm a kid again.
And now, here are my 10 questions:
1. How many students are enrolled in your class?
2. What is one of your favorite children's literature books?
3. Do you have a computer lab at your school?
4. Do you have any pets? If so, how many and what kind?
5. Have you always taught at the same school?
6. Do you teach math in the morning or afternoon?
7. Do you have a class theme for the year?
8. What vegetable will you not eat?
9. What is your favorite flower?
10. How many times have you changed grade levels?
This is who I tagged:
C and C Teach First
A Teacher's Touch
Peace, Love, and First Grade
A Turn to Learn
First Grade Chatter
Morning Sun First Grade
Hopping into First Grade
Mrs. Stanford's Class
First Grade Smart Cookies
I hope you visit these blogs. I know I'll be checking out their answers.
And now on to bugs. How can you go through springtime without an activity about BUGS? Our entire first grade puts on a school play called, Goin' Buggy. So, we study bugs.
Students write, illustrate, and share facts about these bugs: bee, butterfly, caterpillar, dragonfly, grasshopper, beetle, ladybug, ant, centipede, and mosquito. Click on the picture to find out more.
It's been one of those rain, then sun, then rain again days . . . a great day for blogging.