Sunday, March 11, 2012

Publishing, Awards, and New Products, too!

I'm still processing all the information from the CAG conference I attended last weekend in Palm Springs. Please bear with me as I may babble on about it from time to time.

I definitely wanted to share some information about one of the writing workshops I attended. Mary Peterson presented a workshop on maximizing the writing skills of gifted students. She spoke about research-based writing techniques, lesson plans, and graphic organizers that enhance children's learning.

She also shared some publishing ideas that I had never seen before. After the workshop, I was off to the Exhibit Hall to find her booth. It was the booth that everyone was crowded around. That was a good sign!

She had books on the table that her students had created and published. I squeezed in between people to take as many pictures as I could.

Here are a few:

Books with Tabs The mouth opens! 

And then I had to buy this:


Fortunately, she has a website and sells her products at Teacher Treasures. Have fun shopping!

I'm a new kid on the block in this blogging world, but I've found out that teachers who blog are great at networking with each other and supporting each other. Bloggers encourage and commend those sites with ideas and topics that are found to be useful and inspirational. Special awards are given to recognize newer bloggers. I was pleasantly surprised last week when I received two awards.


Thank you to Dawn from Literacy and Math Ideas who gave me the One Lovely Blog award. Dawn is an instructional coach and has a wealth of information on her blog. In fact, I was excited to see that she just posted some products on differentiation.

  
I also want to thank Frau M. from Half Dollar in the Jar and Mrs. Dwyer from A+ Firsties for giving me the Liebster Award. I love Frau's writing style. She has a wonderful sense of humor! And talk about lovely blogs, you'll have to see Mrs. Dwyer's. She happens to be celebrating right now. She's on spring break!

I have new products in my store.

You can view them here: First Grade Schoolhouse.

Enjoy the rest of your evening. (Though it's one hour shorter today???)



2 comments:

  1. Those look so cute! Your blog is just precious too! My list of blogs to stalk just gets longer and longer!

    I am your newest follower and a 1st grade teacher too! =)

    I just shared some leprechaun *freebies* that I would love for you to come check out!


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just been passed along the Versatile Blogger award. Hop on over to our blog to grab it!

    http://ccteachfirst.blogspot.com/2012/07/one-lovely-blog-versatile-blogger.html

    Carrie
    C&C Teach First

    ReplyDelete